Junior Brand/Graphic Designer
Chicago, USA – Part-time to Full-time
What's the job, exactly?
We’re looking for someone who can conceptualize & create assets for the marketing, sales, & (sometimes) product teams in a growing tech start-up serving the eCommerce industry (primarily situated within fashion & luxury goods categories).
Ideally, this candidate will have some formal design training (i.e. BS/BA in graphic design or related field) – at the minimum, a solid foundation in design best practices. This candidate will work directly with the Director of Marketing to create design assets for marketing campaigns for various channels (social media, website, email), sales collateral, and potentially product-related elements.
This position will begin as a part-time role (approximately 20hours a week) with the expectation of rolling into a full-time position within a few months.
- Build out a “brand book” for the sales & marketing teams adhering to the brand’s current color and style guidelines. Brand book assets needed include branded templates for internal and externally used documents, sales deck template(s), and other marketing and sales collateral.
- Conceptualize & create short product demo videos and/or animated GIFs intended to inform prospects of Tangiblee’s product offering & drive interest for Tangiblee’s suite of services.
- Conceptualize & design visual layouts for HTML emails, website landing pages, social media imagery (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram); occasionally will work with the product manager to execute prototype designs for the product.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date library of visual assets for the sales team as well as the marketing team.
- Collaborate with all members of the team including founders, frontend developers, and product managers.
- Distinguish between “good” design versus “great” design with strong attention to detail.
- Be rooted in the design principles and best practices WHILE still being passionate about exploring new, original design ideas.
We’re on the lookout for a driven, curious, self-motivating, and hardworking individual who sees the professional opportunity to develop & hone their designer skillsets that comes from building and maintaining Tangiblee’s brand aesthetic. The ideal candidate is:
- Driven and motivated: Working in a lean tech start-up is incredibly rewarding for professional growth but, at the same time, it requires a lot of hustle, humility, and perseverance – from everyone. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools needed to ace the job, but ultimately YOU determine your own success.
- 1-2 years of experience in advertising/marketing design (i.e. email templates or website banner advertisements)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch is required; proficiency in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of PPC (Google Ads, Facebook Ads), Google Analytics, email marketing, HTML, WordPress is a plus.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and produce results within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; organized and detail-oriented.
- Insightful: We are looking for a person who can connect the dots and think outside of the box when working through daily tasks and when problems arise.
- Collaborative, Reliable, Consistent: Every facet of the company will need design help or at least require assets from you; it is critical that you communicate effectively (listening & explaining) with anyone in the organization. Whatever assets you create should be delivered on-time, you are effective in their intended use while consistent with the overall brand aesthetic – even if an asset is used only internally.
- Knowledge or experience in the retail fashion industry a plus.
- Be a feedback junkie: Not only expect but demand constructive criticism of the work you produce. It is NEVER about being right; it’s ALWAYS about getting the best result. self-learning capabilities, great time management skills.
What's in it for you?
Here are just a few things:
- Stock options and competitive pay based on experience.
- Health and Vision benefits (once switched to full-time).
- Make your impact on the company and the product. We build our roadmap based on customer feedback. For that reason, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help plan and design the product roadmap of the company.
- Flexible work-from-home or work-from-office balance.
Please provide a cover letter highlighting three reasons why you want to join a start-up like Tangiblee – along with some example design work (portfolio). If you don’t hit all of the qualifications listed, tell us why you think you can rock the job. Relevant design examples & a solid cover letter are important so please be sure to be thoughtful when submitting!
Submit your information in the form below and someone will reach out to you shortly!