Product Manager/Designer UX/UI
Chicago, USA – July 2020
What's the job, exactly?
We are looking for our first Product Manager to create and develop Tangiblee’s product management practice. This is a pivotal role in the company with a high impact across all teams. Your role is to identify problems to solve and growth opportunities by addressing the pain points and challenges our retail partners are facing online.
Our philosophy is to develop backward, first learning our clients’ needs and pain points, then reverse-engineering feedback into R&D tasks and features.
- Thoughtfully scope solutions into the smallest shippable state that maximizes value while consuming minimal resources without sacrificing future product growth.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships and collaborate with R&D, design, marketing, customer success, and leadership – You’ll be right in the middle.
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of sources and regularly track metrics that inform each of the product’s health.
- Help to define, standardize, and communicate product-related processes that help us scale.
- Collect customer feedback, user focus group feedback, gather and analyze pervasive market needs, gain competitive intelligence, and drive cost/budget analysis.
- Lead product initiatives from inception through launch and continuous iteration after launch.
- Collaborate with leadership to manage the product strategy, roadmap, and lifecycle to ensure the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Deliver a “magical” user experience to the online consumers.
- Communicate product status internally and externally.
A driven, curious, self-learning, process-oriented, and hardworking individual who is passionate about e-commerce and believe in building a superior digital product experience,
- At least 3 years of experience managing software products.
- Solid technical background – you need to understand the technical aspects of the web, e-commerce, and Databases, that said, you don’t need to be a developer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great listener.
- Highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Team player, natural sense of ownership and urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally, you’ll communicate with R&D, marketing, and sales.
- Proven experience in writing product specs & user stories, and collaborating with R&D and designers to get them implemented and delivered to production.
- You approach problems with a blend of analytics, user empathy, and intuition – building a “magical” customer experience requires a mix of art & science while listening to the end-user.
- You’re a problem solver that can anticipate and resolve potential issues before they impact the team.
- You have a passion for retail, specifically for online shopping and user experience.
- You have an innate drive to learn and be curious, with the desire to understand our customers’ problems.
What's in it for you?
Here are just a few things:
- Stock options and competitive pay based on experience.
- Health and Vision benefits.
- Make your impact on the company and the product. We build our roadmap based on customer feedback. For that reason, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help plan and design the product roadmap of the company.
- Flexible work-from-home or work-from-office balance.
Please send a cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’re a keeper, focusing on how your past work experience has prepared you for this kind of position – or why you think you can rock the job even though you don’t have past work experience that’s perfectly aligned. Writing is a fundamental part of what we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily.
Submit your cover letter & resume in the form below and someone will reach out shortly!